It’s been a while! Life can get so busy sometimes & mine is about to get busier!
I am trying a new hobby – sewing! When I imagine myself as a Mum I always pictured being super hands on, making lots of personal unique memories. Such as making my LR’s world book day outfits or if they were to be in a play the costume they would wear for that. So I am beginning to learn how to use a sewing machine so that by the time I need to be able to do that I will be hopefully some what good at it.
So to start with I am going to be making a apron for messy play time and a matching one half pinny for me. I am then also going to attempt birthday buntin and a pillow. I am hoping that atleast one of them comes out half decent ha!
Hobby Craft actually offer a lesson in learning how to use the sewing machine for free too which I thought was amazing because the instruction manual is impossible for my mush of a brain to understand lol and I have watched loads of YT videos but each machine is differemt. Confusing stuff!
As I am new to this and don’t know how easy I will find it i got a beginners sewing machine (Link here) I have also pasted the machine features and accessories below too
- Adjustable speed
- 12 built-in stitch patterns
- Forward and reverse sewing
- Automatic thread rewind
- One-step or four-step button hole sewing
- Built in LED sewing light
- Weight: 1.922 Kg
- This machine has a one year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Accessories drawer, two thread spools, two metal bobbins, one needle, one threader, thread-cutter, foot pedal, AC adaptor and thread bag
- Dimensions: 28 x 28 x 12 cm (11 x 11 x 4.7 Inches)
- Mains powered by a UK Plug.
I will post updates on my progress as I go – wish me luck!